Monday, June 21, 2010

A Year and a half cont'd

Scavenger hunt!
Around July we participated in a scavenger hunt in downtown St Cloud and parts of SCSU. We had a rocky start but ended up with a lot more points than we thought and a great memory. The prize was a ten thousand dollar diamond ring. Wowza. *See the story of this at our website under "Fun Stuff"

Rambling about a Ring
But that got Chris to start asking what I liked in a ring. I didn't know so we went to a few jewelry stores. Finally I decided I didn't like big and gaudy, but I do like 'swoopy'. Yes, swoopy. Like the ring comes up and cups the stone. After looking at the prices we were pretty down. There's no way he or we, could afford such a luxury. I told him the I don't need a diamond. And in reality I don't need a ring. A ring of cheese in the crust of a pizza is just great for me. Down on one knee with a slice in his hands asking me to marry him would be just fine in my book!
So the looking continued and it was much like taking a child to a petshop then telling them they are allergic to cats and dogs and could never have one. BWAH! How cruel! So I told him I'd love an amethyst as a nice alternative. Really, I'm not diamond fancy anyway. He did some research and found a stone called Moissanite. Moissanite was discovered in a meteorite back in 1893 by Henri Moissan. He mistakenly thought the mineral was diamonds. In reality it was silicon carbonite,re- named Moissanite after him. It's hardness is close to diamonds and is used as a cheap alternative when used in cutting. It is also used as a cheap(er) alternative in jewelry.

Who knows what he picked but I do know he has a ring. As of today, June 21st I still do not know. :-)

You jerk, you jerk, you jerk!
The summer went by and then came Renfest. I'm so happy Chris likes Ren and likes to dress up. We got season tickets and went almost every weekend. Just before Ren season started though my Nikon D80 started making a red line on each picture. I was pretty devastated since I had two weddings and senior pictures to shoot. I was mulling over getting it fixed vs getting a new camera. Chris kept saying he had a surprise for me. An early Christmas present in fact. One day we went to Ciatti's on a romantic date. He told me to bring my D80 so we could go take pictures at Munsinger. We ate and I left the table to go to the bathroom. I came back and found a big present sitting on the table. I opened it up and found a brand new D90 with an awesome lens! WOW! I told him before I went to the bathroom that the present he was going to give me (back at his place) better not be too expensive or I'd punch him in the arm. So when I opened the box and I saw the D90 I started crying because it touched me so much. He sat next to me and gave me a hug. Then I started slapping his arm and telling him it was too expensive of a gift and calling him a jerk over and over. Since I was crying, slapping his arm and calling him a jerk I think the people around us thought he was breaking up with me! ha ha

And even more to come in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment