Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A year and a half later (and Love, geek style)

Oh Belle! Its been so long since I've heard from you!
Okay so I am still talking to myself but since my last post alot has changed.
In fact I forgot I had this blog. Then in an attempt to be super cool (or at least start a blog for our website) I decided to start up again.
Okay, lets see. Since my last blog was January 9th of 2009 and it is now June 16, 2010 I have to recap a year and a half. A very important year and a half.
A couple months after the breakup in '08, Kari a friend from work, started asking me if I'd like to meet one of her husband's friends. I didn't say yes until just after Christmas when I felt really good about myself. I didn't want to meet someone just to meet someone. I wanted to be okay with me first.

A beginning....
Well January 24th I went over to their house for supper. There I met this guy they wanted me to. Oh he looked so familiar! And that I think was the first or second thing (after Hi) out of my mouth. Yeah, good going Sheri. Great start.
For the rest of that nite we played trivial pursuit. Where Kari's husband Paul squarely kicked out butts. I thought I was smart, but I'm not. I should have picked up the kids edition. I might have had a chance....
My sister (inlaw) Bea told me she'd call me during the date just in case it was going badly. At that point I'd make an excuse and leave. But I found I was having fun and didn't have to. I remember at one point letting my real personality show but all Chris did was laugh. I sighed with relief. (it was a comment about duct taping kids or something *smirk*) At the end of the nite I waited around making excuses to slip him my number but never got a chance. I gave Kari my number to give to him but it took him a couple weeks to call. Frankly I had given up. I would have called him but didn't have his number.
No Pressure....... on the most romantic day of the year....
So after trying to get our schedules to match we finally set a date up. It was the KVSC trivia weekend so he was going to come over to a friend's house for trivia after we ate out. I don't know when but one of us figured out it was Valentine's Day we set our date for. Oh well, I've had weirder Valentine's Days. Hopefully this one doesn't end with me bawling my head off like last year I thought.
I really didn't have to fear that. It went splendid. We ate at Jimmy Johns and helped with trivia at Michelle's house.

A woohoo kind of love.
Even though I said I'd take things slow I couldn't help it. I felt a connection and a calmness, or more of a secure feeling. This man felt.....right. Over the year he became to feel like home. As though wherever he was-there was my home. Although I faltered when I found out he's a republican! Can you believe it? Although, at the heart of it we agree on the big topics and agree to disagree on the rest. Until the presidential primaries. We'll see then. ;-)

A year flies by.
Anyone who has felt true love with no assumptions, no ulterior motives, no underlying agendas knows what I felt. I can't rightly speak for Chris but I have a good feeling I know this to be true. We both fell head over heels within 2 months. I knew he loved me and was the one for me when listening to me whine about going back to Disneyworld he told me: Well, we can go there for our honeymoon. (ding ding ding ding!!!) And that was the clincher. Not only did this show me his intentions but also that he understood me and would never try to change or mold me. This realization still makes me speechless with awe.

More to come of the first year in another day's post.






No comments:

Post a Comment