Monday, July 5, 2010

Old post, new blog: Glow Sticks

On occaision I'll blow the dust off an old blog post from my old blog and my FB notes page.
Here is another one called "Glow Sticks"


Glow sticks.

Yes, glow sticks. Those things that hang around your neck for Halloween or concerts. In order for glow sticks to work you need to break them, then shake them. In a few seconds it starts to glow illuminating the dark around you. And only in the dark can you really see the glow.

I know I've been broken before. I've layed on the floor, broken and cried. And I know I've been shaken down to my core. Whether it be my beliefs or disbelief in what has occured.
So like glow sticks, we as humans need to be broken down and shaken up before we can glow. Only after adversity has knocked us down can we get up and show 'em what we're made of. How can you glow if there is no dark?

Let your light shine. Live your life. Don't be afraid to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment