Thursday, July 1, 2010

ENGAGED!

WE’RE ENGAGED!!
WOOHOO!!
*joyous trumpets sound, the crowd cheers*
Yes, I AM jumping up and down in my seat. Well, I was. I don’t want to break the chair.
Well, where to start? Every month we have a special date. This month’s was on Saturday. All week long Chris was worried about the rain. I kept telling him it’ll be okay we’ll be inside for most of the time. Now I know why he was so nervous. I love him, he’s so cute.

I worked til 4 o’clock that day. I got home, got ready and ……..waited. He called at 527 to say he had to take a shower yet but he’d be there soon. The movie started at 6pm so I was a bit nervous we’d be late. He got there in ten minutes and we were off. I looked at him in the car and he looked like a drowned rat. He had water running down his face still but it made me laugh and smile.
We saw Toy Story 3 where we both cried. It was so good but sad at the end. I won’t give any more away than that. I kept scarfing down my popcorn but he had barely any. He said he was waiting for supper. (later he said he didn’t eat anything all day, he was nervous)

So we left the theater and the plan was to go to our spot, the top of the Paramount Theater parking ramp. Then walk down and eat at Mi Famiglia or Jules Bistro. He kept getting calls from his friend Matt. Finally when Chris said, oh well we’ll probably see you we’re at (street) and (street). Then I really began to wonder what he was up to. I asked and he said Matt was at a client of theirs leaving just after working on a computer. (no he waaaaasn’t!)

So we were driving up the ramp when we stopped on the second to top floor, not the top. And right in front of us was a table with two chairs, a checkered table cloth, two bottles of water, a stuffed crust pizza, Disney Princess (Belle!) napkins and 16 beautiful red roses in a vase.
I was blown away. Wow, that was cool.

Chris rolled down the windows in his car and put in a cd of love songs and us songs. We sat down and ate all the while I kept looking at him askance wanting to say something about it all. Finally I asked him “Is this just any date or a special date”. When really I wanted to say, YOU’RE GONNA PROPOSE AREN’T YOU!?!?!?! He grinned and said something witty that I can’t remember now. Argh. Stupid swiss cheese memory!

It rained the whole time with some sprinking of distant lightning and thunder. It was perfect since we both love storms. We got up and looked out over the downtown area, sometimes slow dancing. All the while awesome songs were playing. Some made me cry. I guess I was still emotional from Toy Story 3, huh? ;-) I can’t remember all the songs but I remember: The Broken Road, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights, a song from Mulan (oh what was it?!), Lead Me, The Rose, Every Rose Has its Thorn, three songs from Beauty and the Beast and some more but I can’t for the life of me Remember.

So when the first Beauty and the Beast song came on we were overlooking the downtown. The second came on and we slow danced. As we were dancing Chris started to say something to me. Then the sky lit up with lightning as I’ve never seen. It was a few seconds long. Normal lightning is a split second in length, this kept going. Then before I could open my mouth, thunder like rolling explosions on top of one another came. And it was freaky. It shook us and I normally love a thunderstorm but this scared me a bit. I was clinging onto Chris. After it stopped I dislodged myself from his shoulder and told him I was okay. I was but a bit shaken up. It was like God was giving him an intro. Pretty cool, huh?!

Chris started talking again about all the things he wished for me in my life and how he loved me. Honestly I was dazed at that point knowing what was going on. He took out the ring box, got down on one knee and ended with Will You Marry Me?
All the while mind you, Beauty and the Beast was playing. By this point though it had gone to “Something There” from the movie. Wow, does my man know me or what? Plus he knows some of the words to the songs and where they are in the movie. Oh melt my heart!

AWWWW! Okay I know Chris is a romantic but how utterly and totally cool was that?
And I did get asked this by a few people. And in case you too are wondering, I said yes.
*Smirk*

No comments:

Post a Comment