Friday, August 6, 2010

DIY all day long

DIY all day long.

The list of my DIY projects is long. Very long. Like 19 different projects long. At this point you’ll react to that in one of two ways. If you are a crafty gal/guy you’ll say, “ That’s all? Really, only 19?” You Martha Stewart types must require little or no sleep. However on the opposite token most people will say “OMG, you are insane, how do you expect to get it all done?!” With time and patience and a lot of other commodities that get switched out when you have little to no money.
With Chris trading his computer skills for the reception site and dj I feel the need to contribute some of my skills too. So here is the list of crazy crafty torture projects I’ve come up with:
Invitations
Save the Dates
Response Cards
Envelopes
Paper flowers
Sundae Sign
Popcorn sign
Krazy straw tags
Programs and cds
Pew décor
Pretzel rods
Bridesmaid jewelry
Bridal jewelry
Bridal tiara
Scrabble place settings
Cake topper people
Cufflinks
T-shirt poster
Garter belts
Oh boy. And I keep adding to the list.

Honestly I need to stop. STOP! But I can’t. I will need to find a cheap way to do something for the wedding but at the same time I find more projects to do!
My best friend Mindy is getting married and I’m trying to put all my craftiness into her wedding. So she thinks I’m being nice in helping but really I’m just trying to not come up with more projects for my own!
To be perfectly honest some of these I’m getting help on. My mom is going to help me with the pretzel rods. The other day when she showed me a cool bag she did up for our popcorn I said to her, okay you get to do that. Only because I can’t take on more projects til I get more done!

Chris is going to be making the cds we are giving out at the ceremony. I’ll make the holders though.

I already did the girls’ necklaces and my necklace and bracelet. I have enough left over to make them all bracelets and make some extras for my personal attendant and various helpers.
My necklace? We'll see.
One of the girls' necklace.
Along the way I’ll enlist my friends. Though I’m the kind that likes to do it all myself. I know I’ll eventually need help. In fact I’ll probably be yelling HELP! Along about April and May. That’s when we’ll be doing another project: moving. Ugh. I hate moving. Until then I’ll be working on my diy list and having fun.
But you know what? Though I sound like I’m complaining, I’m not. I’m so excited about doing all these things. I am literally like a kid in a candy store. I have book bags with certain projects in them that I bring to work to do on my lunch. Free time sees me making flowers, necklaces or pondering over invite designs. Wow, can we could get married every year? This is fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment